King’s Annual Dipnet Trip
July 16 - 18
Join your church family for a time of camping, fishing, and fellowship at Kasilof!
Location: Kasilof River (we don’t camp at Kasilof River State Camp) for more location information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Permits Required: Alaska Sport Fishing License + Personal Use fishing Permit. These may be acquired at www.adfg.alaska.gov
Camping: Kasilof camping is primitive with the exception of public porta-potties at the parking lot, which is not near the river.
Driving Time to Nearest Facilities: 30 minutes to Soldotna.
Driving Time from Wasilla: approximately 4 hours 15 minutes without stops
*Each person/family is responsible for their own needs, including following fishing regulations for dipnetting.
People can come and go throughout the week.
King’s Worship Service near the Bracken Camp in on Thursday, July 16th at approximately 6:30 pm (subject to change)
Most of King’s family will be leaving by Saturday afternoon
Things to Be Aware Of
- Driving past the porta potties is a 4-wheel drive area only. You will encounter deep soft sand.
- The is a high volume of 4-wheeler activity. Keep your children safe.
- Be advised the river is not ideal for swimming. There are seals, sharks, and boats.
- When the tide is out there is dangerous mud. Stay out.
- Once in Anchorage take the New Seward Hwy towards Alyeska.
- Approximately 90 miles after Anchorage, take the Sterling Hwy towards Soldotna.
- Continuing south, you will cross the bridge over Kasilof River.
- Take a right on the Cohoe Loop Road, travel past the pavement onto the first road until you reach the parking lot. You will see the ocean ahead of you at the parking lot.
- If driving a 4×4, turn right at the bottom of the parking lot onto a sand road. Then continue driving toward the mouth of the river until you find King’s people.
Suggested Items for Kasilof Dipnet Trip
- Permits for dipnetting and fishing license
- 5 Gallon Bucket
- Filet Knives
- Dipnet Repair Kit
- Cooler for fish
- Lots of ice
- Trash bags
- Clorox wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Cot & pad
- Toys for your kids
- Bug spray
- Warm jackets
- Rain gear
- First Aid Kit
- Bathroom provisions
- Toilet paper
- Hand soap
- Propane Stove
- Lighter Fluid
- Charcoal Grill
- Water for cooking, cleaning, and drinking
- Tent or somewhere to sleep
- Paper plates and soup bowls
- Paper Towels
- Pots and Pans for cooking
- Hot and Cold cups
- Rain Boots
- Lots of Socks
- Long-Sleeved Shirts
- Short-Sleeved Shirts
- Rain Gear
- Hand Sanitizer
- Sleeping Bags / Blankets
- Flash Light
- Can Opener
- Camp Chairs
- Any Other Items You Think of