Our COVID-19 Letter Reponse
This letter was updated on Friday, April 10, 2020
May 1, 2020
Dear King’s Chapel Family,
We hope this letter finds you blessed and encouraged! It has been a great joy to see so many of you at our weekly drive thru services as well as “attending” online. We hope that you have been blessed by our Connect Team as they visited homes with our special “prayer package” of anointing oil and the “Aaronic Blessing” from Numbers 6:24. If you didn’t receive it, let us know by email at email@example.com or call the church at (907) 357–2065. We have heard so many testimonies about what God is doing through Life Groups and Teams using Zoom! God takes what the enemy meant for evil and He turns it for good!
In addition to our drive-in and on–line services we are pleased to announce that, after much prayer and consideration, we will be opening King’s to in-house worship services next week starting Wednesday May 6th! It will be with specific constraints so please carefully read to the end of this letter.
Firstly, please find attached our letter to Governor Dunleavy and the latest updated Covid-19 Response Plan for King’s, outlined below.
IN-HOUSE SERVICES OPEN FOR ATTENDANCE Beginning Wednesday, May 6th at the 7:00pm service (and continuing thereafter) we will be opening the doors for worship services. In order to continue to “be a good neighbor” and do this responsibly, there are some very specific procedures we will be implementing.
- In-house seating is by reservation only at kcalaska.com. Reservations are first come, first serve. Due to the social distancing requirements, we have limited seating. *Please note-this registration only applies to in–house sanctuary seating. Registration is not needed for parking lot, drive-in church
- Each service is family style– this type of family service will take place until our children’s and youth ministries open again. You must keep your children with you at all times.
- Social distancing required. Even though we are a very warm and friendly church, we ask that each person in your family please observe social distancing with other families. Our current restrictions do not permit us to allow individuals to attend who are unable to abide by social distancing.
Here are the easy steps to save your seat:
- Visit kcalaska.com and click on “Save My Seat!”
- Select the service you would like to attend.
- You must register each person from your family that is attending with you, with the exception of infants (under 12 months that will be seated in your lap or car seat).
- You will receive a confirmation email with instructions regarding attendance.
- Present your confirmation email at the door.
- Doors open 15 minutes before service.
Please note: Each person in your family is encouraged wear a mask, including children.
EARLY MORNING PRAYER OPEN FOR ATTENDANCE
Beginning Thursday, May 7th you are invited to join us for Early Morning Prayer at King’s. No registration is required but the same social distancing requirements are in effect. The Early Morning Prayer stream will continue for those who are unable to join us in person.
SPECIAL MOTHER’S DAY GIFT
Mothers, you are invited to join us on Sunday, May 10th, either in-house, or in the parking lot or online, for a special Mother’s Day service. Every mother will receive a special gift at the end of the services. It’s going to be a great day of honor and celebrating moms!
PARKING LOT PROTOCOLS
We will continue to have “Drive-In Church.” If you feel more comfortable staying outside, please feel free to join us for worship services in this way. Please keep in mind that the Alaska State Health Mandates and suggestions are still in effect:
- Park 6 feet away. Please park your vehicle 6 ft away from the nearest vehicle.
- Assistance needed. If you need assistance with a giving envelope, communion elements, etc., please turn on your hazard lights and we will be glad to serve you.
- Please note: Restrooms are now available. Please escort your children and have them with you. Then please return to your vehicle.
Please continue to pray for God to pour out his Spirit and for leaders to arise and a great harvest of souls to come into the church. Pray for PRJCT ZECH. Pray for wisdom for our governmental leaders, protection for our frontline workers, and for the church world–wide. Lastly, pray for us to have the gift of faith and leadership.
In His service and yours,
Pastors Daniel and Karen
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. –2 Chronicles 7:14
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We are receiving donations for people in need. You can drop off items listed below from 10am-12p, M-F.
Simply pull into the parking lot, look for the signs, stay near your vehicle and drop your donations off on the curb. The CONNECT TEAM will maintain a safe distance from you.
– Canned meats (tuna, chicken, etc.)
– Side dishes/meal helpers
– Spaghetti Sauce and Canned pasta (ravioli, SpaghettiOs, etc.)
– Dry Noodles and Rice
– Chunky soups
– Veggies: canned peas, tomatoes, mixed veggies, potatoes
– Canned beans (all kinds)
– Peanut butter and jelly
– Breakfast foods (cereal, oatmeal, bars, pancake mix, and syrup)
– Condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, salad dressing)
– Snack foods: chips/popcorn/crackers/jell-o/pudding
– Baby food/cereal
– Hygiene items (deodorant, razors, feminine care, etc.)
– Toilet Paper
– Paper Towels
– Hand Sanitizer
Support the Front Lines
Support our Matsu-Regional Hospital and First Responders by bringing these items.
Travel size hygiene items
– Tooth brush
– Facial wipes
– Mouth wash
– Granola Bars
– Beef Jerky
– Energy Drinks
– Fresh Fruit (Uncut)
– Boxes of Tea
– Coffee Creamer (Refrigerator Kind)
How to Engage
Here’s how you can access our livestream:
- You can view our livestream at kcalaska.com. You can also watch our sermon archives at kcalaska.com/podcast.
You can easily stream King’s Chapel Alaska on YouTube on any smartphone, tablet, computer or from your TV
- From any browser, smartphone, smart TV or other device open the YouTube application and search for King’s Chapel Alaska. Or click here.
- Click on the video at the very top to start watching the livestream which you can view during any of our regular service times.
- Join us on Facebook on any smartphone, computer or mobile device at facebook.com/kingschapelalaska
We will be working closley with local health authorithies to determine when we will resume public attendance in our services.
Please pray for those affected by this virus. Prayer is powerful, and God is our perfect source of comfort and care. Join us in praying for the people and regions affected, and for the protection of our nation, community, and church.